Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A new Laptop Pouch

A couple weekends ago, I went to a craft show in Sydney... I am always really excited to go to these shows as they expose me to a few shops/stalls a little out of the ordinary. And this craft show was no different!!! I found this gorgeous stall Miss Rose Sister Violet...who sold the most beautiful lace, rose trims, diamonties, brooches, flowers, velvet ribbon, ...aah i was in girl heaven!! 
I bought nearly the whole shop!!... and I'm dying to go to the Darling Harbour Quilt show because she will be there again... to grab more supplies! Since my hubby had bought me a beautiful laptop for Christmas... I have been dying to make a pretty girly case... And so these bits and pieces were perfect!
I followed a great Tutorial over at Crap Ive Made, and have come to the conclusion that i WAY prefer making Quilts!! Although this tutorial was pretty straight forward...I made a few stupid mistakes! The Tutorial calls for fusible batting and as I ironed it onto the under side of the top piece, I burnt a HUGE hole through the lace and velvet ribbon. So a TIP from me.... NEVER IRON LACE! I wont be making THAT mistake twice! The rounded zipper and lining gave me a bit of grief....
But after unpicking the whole front and starting again.. i was sure to take extra care.
I lined my sleeve in my Chasing Cottons fabric that i made HERE..and the Musky Pink Linen I bought from HERE.
I'm really happy with how it turned out!!
Miss Rose Sister Violet have a blog they started HERE and they will be starting an online shop at the end of the year.. but you can still purchase bits and pieces if you contact them. I'm working with her to try and source some of these products for you... to make it easier for you to get some... Email me if your after anything in particular...
My Sewing Room is turning a little Vintage Glam... So I've decided to add a few other pieces i bought... to make a Sewing Machine cover, that will look a little like this..
and I will show you the rest of the bits i bought from the show...soon xx
AND...
Thank you for all of your Lovely comments from last post. They were all really heartfelt, they meant a lot and gave me a lot of comfort and strength......Thank you xx

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! A romantic mix of fabrics and embellishments. That's one lucky laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...your laptop is a girl,full of vanity and fashion!!!.I like very much to mix fabrics and colours...this is cretivity in my opinion!.Have a nice day!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca! Vow - that's really amazing - unique and so so beautiful! What a lovely way to use all those quties you found from the exhibition! Have a lovely day! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful!! The lace and fabrics are adorable..and you did a great job....thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh so pretty and girly. I'm looking forward to Darling Harbour too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is simply luscious!!!! I would just stare at IT and not open my laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I really love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's so beautiful! I love the lace and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! I used that tutorial to make my mom a laptop cover using some Nicey Jane . . . which is lovely and gorgeous, but those embellishments are insanely beautiful! Love them! (I am not a fan of the fusible batting, it always looks wonky to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty vintage bag... gorgeous ribbons and lace too! very feminine
    Love Ally xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a Great Job your new cover looks Gorgeous...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW looks awesome. I can't wait to see the sewing machine cover.
    I love sewing other projects, even though you had some unpicking it still would have been quicker to put together than a quilt :)
    Love the chasing cottons fabric too!!!!
    You should sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun laptop case! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful lap top case. I just love the pink roses you used it is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOODNESS BEC that is the cutest thing i have seen in my whole life!!!!!! exept for you babies but HOW DID YOU DO THAT THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE. make me one :) pink haha
    love jordy girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is the perfect girly case. I love it! And love that you used your own fabric inside.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. That is the most elegant case I have ever seen! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful and a perfect mix with my own style. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my word - how BEAUTIFUL! Brand new follower here - and I am already in love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!! xx I LOVE hearing from you xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...