Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Things we do for LOVE!


This last weekend, we celebrated Father's Day here in Australia. So i have been thinking alot about the two fathers in my life. 1st, my own Father... thinking about how wonderful he is, how he is always so willing to drop everything, anytime for us kids. A friend,  someone to confide in, listen to, a role model.... He is a fantastic grandpa! Who rolls around and plays games with my kids. And when I rang him yesterday and said "hey dad, do you think you could come home from work early to take pictures of my quilt before it got too dark... he said "sure honey, what time?"

The 2nd Father I celebrated on Sunday was, the Father of my children. He is my whole world! My best friend. He is someone i look to everyday and think...i am so lucky to be married to you. He is so kind, so thoughtful, so willing to make me happy, so dedicated to creating the perfect life for me and our kids. He is someone I just adore.


AND of course one of THE most important thing is.... he is someone to help me with my quilts!! How many times do we lay out our blocks on the floor and ask.....mmmm..... Does that look right to you? What do you think of the colours? Do you like this fabric?? Do you think I should add sashing? He helps with the design, my photos and draws my diagrams for my patterns. He fixed my 1st Castle sketch...with his knowledge of old school Architecture and told me the correct alignment of Turrets and Battlements!



So yesterday we headed to the beach to take some pics of this quilt finally finished!!! 
Some behind the scenes shots from yesterday!! 


This quilt is for my little Indi and she is in love with Fairy tales and Castles. Her only gripe... is it isn't pink enough! So i had to go with the pink roses back... and purple sleeping beauty binding!



The things we do for LOVE!!! xxx

14 comments:

  1. Your quilt is GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing all the lovely pictures...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this quilt soooo much!! I'm thinking of doing a smaller scale version for my Nan as a lap quilt for Christmas, I have the fabric line so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our men do put up with a lot don't they! The purple binding looks fantastic. It really frames it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks gorgeous. Glad you've got such great men in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome 'girly' quilt. Glad you had a lovely Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! I've been on pins and needles waiting to see it completed! What is the name of that quilting pattern? It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your story of the two Dads in your life- what would we do without each of them? And I love your pics of your hubby - he looks like a lot of fun!! Beautiful quilt - Indi is a lucky little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing quilt!! And it sounds like you have two pretty amazing fathers in your life, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is so cute! I had been resisting FFA2 but now I think I might have to get some after all...and the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt! And happy Father's day to your husband and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful quilt! I hope the men in your life had a wonderful father's day!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found you via Diary of a Quilter - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!! xx I LOVE hearing from you xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...